Every day, the Tennessee Department of Health releases figures tracking the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in each county and statewide. As our state begins to reopen businesses, restaurants, and lift restrictions on stay at home orders, the statistics for infection rates are vitally important. NashvilleHealth is sharing weekly tracking updates and insights based on Department of Health data. We are also incorporating the latest figures for Davidson County from Nashville Mayor John Cooper’s office.
For the week of June 28 to July 4– There were a total of 9,968 new cases. Comparing to the previous week, the average cases/day is 74% higher.
- Davidson County – 2,051 new cases which is 86% higher than last week
- Williamson County – 323 new cases which is 90.0% higher than last week
- Other TN Counties – 7,594 cases which is 71% higher than last week
- There were 53 fatalities
- Hospitalizations average 42.3/day with a total of 296 for the week (42.5/day and 198 total for the week before)
- Testing for this week was 78% higher compared to last week. Average of 18,500/tests/day